- Reports to: Community Support Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To support people with disabilities in maintaining independent community living.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Support Functions
- Provide attendant care, in-home support, and training to clients in all areas of daily living, including, but not limited to: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, personal care, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
- Create and maintain schedule
- Monitor client progress in case notes
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Complete all other required paperwork
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Recent, clean TB test and health screening (within 30 days)
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience