- Reports to: Community Living Director
- Supervises: Community Living Program Managers and other necessary personnel
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To assist the Director of Community Living in managing the day-to-day operations of Community Living department.
- Starts: September 1, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily operations of the Supported Living Services (SLS) and Independent Living Services(ILS) Program within the Community Living Department, ensuring the overall quality of SLS and ILS services provided.
- Assists the Director in managing the compliance of the program: CARF, DDS, and other regulatory agencies as warranted ensuring that programs comply with each agency’s regulations in providing quality services to the clients Toolworks’ serves in community living
- Manages the work of the Program Managers to ensure quality service provision
- Manages the professional development and training of all staff in the department
- Provides backup support and/or instruction to Program Managers and/or Emergency Response System carriers while fulling Emergency Response System duties.
- Oversees the overall scheduling and staffing needs of the program
- Ensures scheduling system is accurate and that the program is compliant in EVV(Electronic Visit Verification) mandates
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring and training of Community Living personnel
- Checks TW email daily during regular working hours/days and responds within one working day
- Responds to voicemails daily during regular working hours/days and responds within one working day
- Attends supervisor check-ins weekly or as required by supervisor
- Attends all agency remote meetings and trainings as assigned
- Facilitates department meetings and trainings monthly or as needed
- Reviews and/or completes Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Other duties as required.
Client Support Functions:
- Teaches client rights and develop client self-advocacy skills
- Oversees person centered planning and developing Individual Support Plans and Plan of Treatments
- Ensures client’s schedules are up to date and meeting the needs of the clients
- Responds quickly and appropriately to client and/or circle of support concerns, grievances.
- Reports incidents within required timeframes
- Follows Mandated Reporter protocols
- Perform direct care duties as needed
Organizational (all staff)
- Participates in staff meetings as required.
- Complies with current agency performance standards.
- Reports changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis.
- Represents the organization to visitors and the community as needed.
- Maintains a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community.
- Maintains confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy.
- Treats Clients with dignity and respect.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum three (3) years’ supervisory experience, preferably in a community or human services setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, rehabilitation counseling or a closely related field required, or equivalency of five (5) years’ additional related experience preferably in the I/DD field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Supported Living programs and philosophies preferred
- Demonstrates a proactive management style
- Fluency in American Sign Language is required
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
- All individuals working at Toolworks must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are exempt from this requirement based on an accommodation approved by HR.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.