- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Community Integration Specialist (Day Program)
Positions available in San Francisco and Concord (includes Contra Costa County).
Client Support Functions:
- *Facilitate the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing.
- *Creates and uses natural supports and supports client in a person centered manner.
- *Teaches safety awareness to clients while they access their community.
- *Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity.
- *Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- *Supports clients individually and in small groups.
- *Monitor client progress through case notes.
- *Complete Special Incident Reports as needed.
- *Keeps First Aid/CPR current.
- *Completes all other assigned paperwork.
- *Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement :
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- *American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- *Fluent report writing skills.
- *Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- *Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- *Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- *Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Program requirements:
- *Recent, clean TB test and health screening (within 30 days)
- *Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- *First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- *Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
- Competitive medical and dental plans
- 401k Plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays and birthday holiday
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Health & wellness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter (Clipper) benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.75 /hour