- Status / Level: Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Position Title: Community Living Coordinator-Deaf Services
Reports to: Assistant Director of Community Living
Supervises: Community Living Staff-Case Leads, Specialists, PSAs.
FLSA Status: Exempt (salaried)
Purpose: To support people with disabilities in maintaining independent community living.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Teach client rights and help develop self-advocacy skills
- Assist clients in developing natural networks of support
- Assess client interests and abilities through the person-centered planning process, develops written service plans and behavioral support plans on a semiannual and annual basis
- Develops client support schedule templates
- Assist clients in managing personal affairs
- Quality control of all services provided in the home by support staff, attendant care and natural supports
- Assists clients in developing agendas and running house meetings
- Provide linkages in the community for needed services including all generic supports; provide case management and service coordination
- Provides direct support to clients as needed
- Recruit, supervise, train and evaluate Case Leads and assist with staff development on a day to day basis
- Creates and maintains client staffing schedules, reviews daily
- Responsible for implementing support plans in individual homes, ensuring staff members are trained and are following support plans, gathering data and other needed documentation for contract agencies
- Responsible for completing all required documentation, including case notes, risk management forms, special incident reports and additional case records
- Responsible for maintaining professional relationships with clients, referral sources, employers, families, care providers and appropriate others; and for maintaining confidentiality
- Participates in on-call emergency response rotation and provides back-up assistance and support to the Emergency Response Carrier
- Reviews staff clock-in data daily, indentifies missing information and follows up as needed and approves staff timecards and ensures accuracy.
- Attends weekly meetings with Assistant Director and other Community Living personnel, as needed.
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Able to develop and implement support plans, interventions and positive reinforcements
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program