- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including job placement and training, community integration, and community living services.
Position Title: Janitorial Lead Utility Worker
Reports to: Site Supervisor, Site Project Manager
Status: Full Time
Location: Federal Sites in San Francisco
In a supportive work environment for people with disabilities, provide support for individuals and complete cleaning and maintenance tasks per contract and customer specifications.
Toolworks is seeking to fill the position of a Janitorial Lead Utility Worker, whose primary duties are to lead teams and execute projects for the maintenance of various floor types, interior window washing, and other janitorial projects at a Federal site in San Francisco. Floor types include but are not limited to maintenance of terrazzo, vinyl composite tile, vinyl flooring, vinyl sheet goods, tile, concrete, stone, and engineered wood flooring. The Janitorial Lead Utility Worker works independently and may be assigned to a variety of shifts depending on the facility’s maintenance needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads teams to conduct floor maintenance activities. Flooring includes terrazzo, marble, VCT, and vinyl sheet flooring including stripping, sealing, finishing, and polishing as well as intermittent reconditioning and polishing, and buffing. Flooring work includes tile flooring maintenance including regrouting and carpet cleaning and care and care for engineered wood flooring.
- Conducts interior window cleaning.
- Conducts periodical cleaning projects as assigned.
- Operates and maintains a variety of floor care machinery including automatic walk-behind floor scrubbers, mini-edge scrubbers, low and high-speed buffers, carpet extractors and bonnet machines, wet/dry vacuum, vacuum cleaners, and air blowers.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with proscribed regulations and policies.
- Provides technical training for other crew members as required.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision, on a variety of shifts including nights, evenings, and weekends as assigned.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
To perform the typical tasks and duties of the position successfully, the knowledge, skills and/or abilities listed below are required.
- Three (3) years of experience performing custodial work at a heavy traffic facility with a high degree of public interface.
- Methods, materials, machinery, chemicals, tools, and equipment used in hard floor and carpet maintenance.
- The safe use and disposal of hazardous materials specific to cleaning compounds, solutions, and chemicals.
- Familiarity with safety methods and procedures pertaining to floor maintenance work and interior window washing.
- Basic principles of customer service.
- Understand and follow oral and written guidelines.
- Read, understand and follow written directions, equipment manuals, and warnings on labels for various cleaning agents, solvents, and other equipment
- Train employees and persons with disabilities on floor work and window cleaning procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to work-related inquiries.
- Exercise care and sound judgment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, and relocate a variety of objects weighing up to 50 pounds and move wheeled equipment weighing up to 150 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
The position is a full-time benefitted position
Salary Range: $21.25 per hour
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.