- Reports to: Recyclability Accounts Manager
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Are you green? Care about waste management and diverting waste from our landfills? Do you have good leadership skills?
We are seeking someone passionate about waste management who can lead a crew of sorters at our Recyclability sites. We are partnering with Recology and property managers in the bay area to assist them with their onsite waste management. Join our team as a Crew Supervisor.
Position Title: Lead Sorter
Reports to: Recyclability Accounts Manager.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
Purpose: To supervise and train crews of Sorters
The hours will be 20-30 hours per week right now, but will go up to 40 per week as businesses open back up.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sorter Support Function
• Train and support Sorters on the job site ensuring the individual is as independent as possible performing his/her job duties
• Provide training and support with issues that may impact job readiness and performance.
• Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where Sorters are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ Recyclability services
• Perform quality control inspections of work sites as needed
• Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to Sorting crews and resolve issues if necessary
• Monitor Sorter progress and complete all other required paperwork
• Complete Reports as needed
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekend
Organizational (all staff)
• Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
• Comply with current agency performance standards
• Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
• Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
• Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, Sorters and members of the community
• Maintain confidentiality of Sorter/staff information as required by law and agency policy
• Treat Sorters, crews and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement:
• High School Diploma.
• Some experience in waste management preferred.
• American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
• Fluent report writing skills
• Willingness to work flexible hours to meet customer needs.
• Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite