- Reports to: Community Living Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide support to adults with developmental disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Do you enjoy working with people? Does the idea of empowering individuals with developmental disabilities to lead independent lives in the communities of their choice appeal to you? Toolworks’ Community Living Department is currently looking for dedicated, creative individuals to join our team!
The Community Living Department is currently accepting applications for Community Living Instructor. This is a Live-In position with private room, shared bathroom and full use of general space, yard, garage and parking
Will be able to work Sunday through Thursday 10p-6a (sleeping overnights) and Monday-Friday 6a-9a.
Will be able to transport individual to his day program in Concord Monday-Friday mornings. Mileage reimbursement provided
Will have experience with seizure disorders and developmental disabilities
Will be able to be part of a team of others working in the home
Will be able to register as a provider with Alameda County In Home Support Services(IHSS)
Additional overnights and shift work available
Sleep shifts paid at $12
Awake shifts paid at $16.95
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions:
- Teach functional skills to people with disabilities including: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment.
- Instruct clients in researching and accessing community resources to reach their goals and increase independence.
- Travel train clients using the mode of transportation suited to each individual based on their abilities.
- Educate clients on their rights and self-advocacy.
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Create and maintain schedule.
- Monitor client progress in case notes.
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed.
- Complete all other required paperwork.
Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.95 /hour