- Reports to: Supervisor
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sorting and recycling tasks as required by specific site location. Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas of recycling, compost and trash.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with proscribed regulations and policies.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
- Special projects as directed by Supervisor/Coach.
- Sorters are all expected to help set up the workspace which includes retrieving personal protective equipment, retrieving supplies like sorting tables, sorting totes and clean up supplies. This is all set up by moving dumpsters setting up tables and positioning totes.
- When set up is complete then sorters are expected to retrieve bags of mixed waste, bring them to the sorting tables, open them and sort items into appropriate locations.
- Totes are emptied as needed throughout the shift.
- After all mixed items have been sorted clean up begins.
- All sorters are wiping down tables, sweeping and\or mopping floors, cleaning out totes, moving dumpsters and putting all items used throughout the day back into their appropriate storage locations.
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Experience or desire for training in sorting and tasks related to recycling.
- Physically capable of lifting 20-35 pounds.
- Available to work flexible shifts.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Salary: $16.99 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94108: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location