- Reports to: Fiscal Manager
- Supervises: Payroll Administer
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: The Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the organization’s payroll function for over 300 employees, which will include coordinating with the finance and HR departments to process payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including wages, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Ensures that changes that are entered into ADP are accurate, which includes new hires, terminations, wage updates, direct deposit updates, benefit deductions, and address updates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Utilizes ADP reporting system to create standard and custom reports for various payroll processes such as compliance testing and regular reporting.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Manages 401K and pension processes in direct partnership with providers.
- Works closely with Benefits Administration to ensure healthcare coverage and deductions are accurately administered.
- Communicates to all employee payroll notices and updates as needed.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages the Payroll Administrator to ensure payroll is completed in a timely manner, with an eye to detail, accuracy and in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in payroll when needed.
- Provides constructive feedback and support to the Payroll Administrator.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Advance working experience with ADP Workforce Now at the Practitioner level.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work closely with Senior Management and Directors to resolve payroll concerns.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Six (6) years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.