- Reports to: Recycling Supervisor
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: Sort recycling at contract sites
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and Toolworks’ policies.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas of recycling, compost and trash.
- Perform cleaning duties and general housekeeping related to the work site.
- Report system problems immediately to job coach or supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
- Dump boxes and containers of material into designated area(s).
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting 20-35 lbs.).
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish between various recyclable materials, compost and trash.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or to adjust shift when necessary.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in various conditions with some exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with other personnel and management.
- Ability to follow written and verbal and/or signed instructions.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Must successfully complete training program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits:
- From $16.99 per hour
- Depends on contract
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.