- Reports to: N/A
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks has an opening for a vocational specialist to support individuals with disabilities and employers in a variety of work settings. Qualified applicants will have previous experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in a work or community setting, an ability to communicate professionally with employers, and be good at devising workplace strategies and accommodations tailored to each individual.
ASL skills highly desired. 20-30 hours per week. Ability to travel between sites throughout the San Francisco Bay Area required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Train and support people with disabilities on the job site ensuring the individual is as independent as possible performing his/her job duties
- Provide HR-related support between individual with a disability and Toolworks’ Human Resources
- Provide training and support with issues that may impact job readiness and performance including: travel training, money management, and other supports
- Provide ongoing case management for clients ensuring the access to generic resources as needed
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Perform quality control inspections of work sites as needed
- Monitors client’s progress in case notes, goal tracking, and Individual Service Plans
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Complete all HR-related documents as needed and all other assigned paperwork
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance