- Reports to: Director of Employment Services and Training Programs
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including job placement and training, community integration, and community living services.
- Position Title: Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) Information & Referral Specialist
- Reports to: Director of Employment Services
- Supervises: N/A
- Status: Non-exempt
- Assignment: 25 Kearny Office and other community locations M-F 8:30 am-4:30 pm
- Purpose: To connect seniors and adults with disabilities with information and resources relating to long-term services and supports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides community outreach to target groups (low-income, non or limited English, minority, frail, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, senior, young adults with disabilities) with current information on opportunities and services within their communities.
- Provides outreach through presentations and events. Will work with I +A specialist supervisor in scheduling events.
- Services include but are not limited to adult day care, caregiving, community services, counseling, education, emergency preparedness, employment, financial assistance, government assistance, food assistance, health, housing, in-home care, legal, recreation, safety, senior centers and transportation.
- Links the individual to the opportunities and services directly to the appropriate agency or by giving the consumer information.
- Contacting agencies on behalf of the client, filling out forms, writing letters, making phone calls to set up or confirm appointments, escorting the consumer to services providers, and conferring with services providers to ensure the client’s needs will be met.
- Provides phone support and front desk assistance to the admin team and routes calls to appropriate personnel
- Logs all Outreach contacts and referrals into GetCare database
- Submits outreach reports to IOA, as needed
- Attends monthly ADRC meetings at the Institute on Aging.
- Greets all visitors, provides phone and email support as part of outreach.
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with adults with disabilities is required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Strong writing and time management skills, patient, detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits
- $24 to $28 per hour, depending on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion, and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities.