Community Integration Specialist–ASL Required
Community Integration Specialist — ASL Required Duties and Responsibilities: Client Support Functions:
- Reports to: Community Integration Coordinator
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To support adults with developmental disabilities on-the-job and in community activities.
- Starts: Immediately
- Facilitate the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing.
- Creates and uses natural supports and supports client in a person centered manner.
- Teaches safety awareness to clients while they access their community.
- Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity.
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Supports clients individually and in small groups.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Education and Experience Requirement:
- Monitor client progress through case notes.
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed.
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current.
- Completes all other assigned paperwork.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language required.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance