- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
Position Title: Lead Employment Development Specialist- Recyclability
Reports to: Assistant Director of Employment Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Purpose: To support people with disabilities in full inclusion at their jobs in the community.
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides several programs including job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Trains and supports people with disabilities on the job, ensuring individuals are working safely and independently as possible when performing their job duties.
- Provides on-site vocational assessments to determine job readiness, suitability for new referrals.
- Assists with onboarding on new trainees: site tour, ensure possession of work documents (valid CA ID, ss card or birth certificate, proof of booster)
- Assists with safety/PPE training
- Provides travel training to work site (as needed)
- Provides job coaching services for Associates placed in permanent positions – Recyclability.
- Meets with site leads and Recyclability Supervisor on a regular basis to address performance needs.
- Provides training and support on issues that impact job performance including time management, punctuality issues, communication skills, interpersonal skills, productivity, etc.
- Provides instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy.
- Maintains proactive dialogue between social enterprise management and service management team on trainee performance issues.
- Performs quality control and worksite safety inspections
- Recognizes unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues, if necessary.
- Participates in team meetings for SA’s/ WA’s
- Participates in ISP/IHSP creation and planning process including quarterly and semi-annual meetings.
- Completes written reports: Situational Assessments, Work Adjustments, IEE reports,
- Completes weekly progress reports as required.
- Completes Special Incident Reports as needed.
- Maintains ADP and eRSP
Keep First Aid/CPR current
Organizational (all staff)
- Participates in staff meetings as required.
- Complies with current agency performance standards.
- Reports changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis.
- Represents the organization to visitors and the community as needed.
- Maintains a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients, and members of the community.
- Maintains confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy.
- Treats clients and coworkers with dignity and respect.
Other duties as Required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement
- A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities, preferably in a community or employment setting.
- Experience working in recycling industry, or training programs highly desirable
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work in a variety of settings
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Forms
- Familiarity with the use of PPE equipment
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Ability to work in industrial setting: warehouse, open bay
Compensation and Benefits:
- $21.50 per hour
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans