- Reports to: Community Living Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide support to adults with developmental disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- To support individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community.
- To provided assistance in the event of an emergency
- Communicates concerns to the appropriate Community Living staff members
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Complete all other required paperwork
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in meetings and trainings as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Complies with Mandated Reporter requirements as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.