- Reports to: Community Living Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide support to adults with developmental disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- To support individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community.
- To provided assistance in the event of an emergency
- Communicates concerns to the appropriate Community Living staff members
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Complete all other required paperwork
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in meetings and trainings as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Complies with Mandated Reporter requirements as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance