- Reports to: Director of Employment and Training
- Supervises: NA
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To connect seniors and adults with disabilities with information and resources relating to long-term services and supports.
- Starts: Immediately
Position Title: Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) Information & Referral Specialist
Classification: Outside Sales
Assignment: Community Locations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides community outreach to target groups (low-income, non or limited English, minority, frail, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, senior, young adults with disabilities) with current information on opportunities and services within their communities.
- Provides outreach through presentations and events. Will work with I +A specialist supervisor in scheduling events.
- Services include but are not limited to adult day care, care-giving, community services, counseling, education, emergency preparedness, employment, financial assistance, government assistance, food assistance, health, housing, in-home care, legal, recreation, safety, senior centers and transportation.
- Links the individual to the opportunities and services directly to the appropriate agency or by giving the consumer information.
- Contacting agencies on behalf of the client, filling out forms, writing letters, making phone calls to set up or confirm appointments, escorting the consumer to services providers, and conferring with services providers to ensure the client’s needs will be met.
- Provides phone support and front desk assistance to the admin team and routes calls to appropriate personnel
- Logs all Outreach contacts and referrals into GetCare database
- Attends monthly ADRC meetings at the Institute on Aging.
- Greets all visitors, provides phone support as part of outreach.
Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Strong writing and time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits
- Dependent upon experience.
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.