- Reports to: Director of Workforce Projects
- Supervises: ADRC Specialist, Job Coaches, Trainees
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: Develops and supports the operation of workforce initiatives and social enterprise. Effectively works with a variety of funding sources and tracks all milestones and billing for services.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training on basic food sanitation and storage, waste and cost control best practices and Ensure SafeServ preparation techniques are utilized
- Develop basic cooking science procedures
- Ensure proper use of kitchen tools, especially knife skills
- Customer service, cash handling processes
- Barista and beverage preparation
- Develop teaching aids, such as visual recipe cards
- Supervise trainees work habits and provide instruction
- Work collaboratively with manager, head baker and non-profit social services staff to ensure successful training and employment experiences
- Evaluate and assess trainee skills, provide written reports as needed
- Coordinate with multiple organizations and referral sources to recruit clients into training
- Supervise ADRC Specialist, liaison with AD Employment re: referrals, pipelines
Client Support Functions:
- Ensure effective orientation and support for successful work experience at each job site
- Provide training and support to clients to prepare them for job placement and retention
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Provide case coordination with job coaches and other entities; make referrals, and monitor client progress
- Prepare all monthly billing forms for various funding sources and Follow-up on billing, POS’s, Premier payments
- Create client placement objectives
- Monitor client progress in case notes and complete all other required paperwork
- Ensure all client timecards, change in status forms, billing reports, milestone reports, and other required paperwork is completed
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field, or in lieu of education, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with adults with disabilities.
- Minimum two (2) years management experience.
- Passion for Toolworks’ mission to partner with people with disabilities to provide tools and resources that promote independence, equality and personal satisfaction.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2 years-experience in a kitchen management position, or related position required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and overall structure and workflow of a restaurant kitchen.
- Thorough knowledge of safety guidelines supplies and equipment.
- SafeServ instructor preferred.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Strong writing and time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities.