- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Food made better. Lives made better. Bakeworks is baking up solutions to homelessness while serving up delicious pastries and noshes. Our San Francisco bakery and cafe provides training and employment opportunities for people with disabilities and those experiencing homelessness. Located in Hayes Valley, we bake everything from scratch, every day.
We are seeking a reliable, friendly and talented baker. You will be in charge of the bakeoff – preparing food for our café, wholesale accounts and assisting with food preparation. As a member of our team, you will work alongside our trainees, providing guidance and setting an example of professionalism.
Flexible availability is a must – candidates must be able to reliably keep an early morning start time. Typical schedule is 5am to 12pm and 6am to 1pm on Saturday. Food service experience is required. The ability to take charge and multitask in fast paced environment with little supervision is essential.
Most importantly the candidate must have a focus on hospitality. We believe work can be fun and are looking for people who can be professional and friendly to our customers and coworkers alike – you will be an advocate for the community we serve. A love for food and coffee doesn’t hurt either!
- Bake products according to set standards and daily needs
- Prepare juices, sandwiches, salads, pizza and soups
- Mentor trainees
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Stocks pastry case and monitors product levels
- Assists kitchen staff as needed
- High school diploma
- Kitchen experience required
- Regularly required to stand
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Regularly required to use hands
- Occasionally required to lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme heat
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud
salary range $15 to $18 per hour (depending on experience)