- Reports to: Assistant Director of Community Integration and Employment
- Supervises: Community Integration and Employment Instructors, Leads and Employment Development Specialists
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To support people with disabilities in full inclusion in the community as well as access employment opportunities in San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides several programs including job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Client Support Functions
- Facilitates the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing (with a special emphasis on accessing paid employment options including internships, group sites, and individual placement)
- Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity.
- Assesses client interests and abilities through the person-centered planning process.
- Provides quality control of all services provided by support staff and natural supports.
- Provides linkages in the community for needed services; provides case management and service coordination.
- Instructs individuals with disabilities about their community resources including civic, recreation, volunteer, and employments opportunities of their choosing.
- Provides travel training to individuals using the mode of transportation best suited to their abilities.
- Recognizes unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates Employment Development Specialists and Instructors.
- Assists with staff development on a day-to-day basis.
- Monitors client progress through case notes and completes monthly attendance reports, and other relevant HCBS reporting.
- Completes person-centered plans, placement planning documents, IHSP’s, monthly reports including billing, and all other assigned paperwork.
- Coordinates client and staff schedules for each site.
- Maintains positive business relationships with management/owners of companies where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services.
- Develops new job opportunities for clients by meeting with potential employers and businesses.
- Attend job fairs and conducts community outreach.
- Other duties as required.
Organizational (all staff)
- Participates in staff meetings as required.
- Comply with current agency performance standards.
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis.
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed.
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community.
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy.
- Treat Clients with dignity and respect.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese language skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience.
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.