- Reports to: Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To support adults with developmental disabilities in community activities.
- Starts: Immediately
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Client Support Functions
- Facilitate the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing.
- Creates and uses natural supports and supports client in a person centered manner.
- Teaches safety awareness to clients while they access their community.
- Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity.
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Support individuals with Autism, and other developmental disabilities in behavior-management setting
- Utilize crisis management techniques when applicable
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
- Monitor client progress in T-logs and behavior tracking notes, if applicable
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Complete all other required paperwork
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required