- Reports to: Assistant Director of Community Integration
- Supervises: Community Integration Specialist/Lead
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To support people with disabilities in maintaining independent community living.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Facilitate the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing
- Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity
- Assess client interests and abilities through the person-centered planning process
- Assist clients in managing personal affairs
- Quality control of all services provided by support staff and natural supports
- Provide linkages in the community for needed services; provide case management and service coordination
- Supervise, train and evaluate Specialists and assist with staff development on a day to day basis
- Monitor client progress through case notes and complete monthly attendance reports
- Complete person centered plans, ISP’s, 6-month reviews, and all other assigned paperwork
- Coordinate client and staff schedules for the site
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependant on scheduled hrs)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program