- Reports to: Community Integration Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To support adults with developmental disabilities on-the-job and in community activities.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Support Functions:
- Facilitate the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing
- Creates and uses natural supports and supports client in a person centered manner
- Teaches safety awareness to clients while they access their community
- Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
- Monitor client progress through case notes
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Completes all other assigned paperwork
Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Recent, clean TB test and health screening (within 30 days)
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience