- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
- Do you enjoy working with people? Does the idea of empowering individuals to lead independent lives in the communities of their choice appeal to you? Toolworks’ Community Living Department is currently looking for dedicated, creative individuals to join our team!
- Toolworks, founded in 1975 in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality and personal satisfaction.
- Our Community Living Program is skillful and adept in supporting people, regardless of ability level, to live the lives they choose. We acknowledge the right, the desire, and the ability of our clients to make choices about their present and future lifestyle, and ensure that they are active in the decision-making that directly affects their lives. Without organizations like Toolworks, many of the people receiving Community Living services would be institutionalized, marginalized and restricted in their ability to exercise control and choice.
The Community Living Department is currently accepting applications for Case Lead .
Case Leads work directly with an assigned case load of individuals to provide daily case management support under the direction of the Assistant Director of Community Living.
In addition to the following requirements, the ideal candidate will
- Have ability to work a flexible schedule throughout the week
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with day to day case management needs
- Be able to participate in an emergency afterhours on-call rotation every two weeks
- Have experience working in one or more of the following areas: behavioral health/behavior modification, Seniors and/or persons with significant health needs, Autism Spectrum, Prader Willi, developmental disabilities
Position Title: Community Living Case Lead
Reports to: Case Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Purpose: To support people with disabilities in maintaining independent community living.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Provide attendant care, in-home support, and training to clients in all areas of daily living, including, but not limited to: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, personal care, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
- Participate in ISP creation and planning process
- Perform Quarterly Safety Checks in assigned households
- Schedule and plan house meetings in assigned households monthly or as needed
- Assists client with monitoring generic supports including In Home Support Services(IHSS) and provider scheduling/timecard monitoring
- Assist Staffing and Case Coordinators with training of new employees in assigned households
- Assist Case Coordinator in monitoring client health, finance and other personal affairs in assigned households
- Maintain all client documentation and records pertaining to health plans, medications, client information sheets, and ensure all records remain accurate and up to date;
- Provide input to the Staffing Coordinator for staff scheduling to meet the needs and requirements of the supported client
- Monitor client progress in case notes
- Assists with new client intake and assessments
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Complete all other required paperwork
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hrs)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
Sarah Burgett, Director of Community Living
Toolworks, Inc. | 415.733.0990 x 620 | www.toolworks.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- San Francisco and East Bay Areas
- disability services: 2 years
- Case Management: 2 years