- Reports to: Program Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide instruction and support to people with disabilities in acquiring and maintaining community living skills to promote independence.
- Starts: Immediately
- Do you enjoy working with people? Does the idea of empowering individuals to lead independent lives in the communities of their choice appeal to you? Toolworks’ Community Living Department is currently looking for dedicated, creative individuals to join our team!
- Toolworks, founded in 1975 in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality and personal satisfaction.
- Our Community Living Program is skillful and adept in supporting people, regardless of ability level, to live the lives they choose. We acknowledge the right, the desire, and the ability of our clients to make choices about their present and future lifestyle, and ensure that they are active in the decision-making that directly affects their lives. Without organizations like Toolworks, many of the people receiving Community Living services would be institutionalized, marginalized and restricted in their ability to exercise control and choice.
The Community Living Department is currently accepting applications for Case Lead .
Case Leads work directly with an assigned case load of individuals to provide daily case management support under the direction of the Assistant Director of Community Living.
In addition to the following requirements, the ideal candidate will
- Have ability to work a flexible schedule throughout the week
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with day to day case management needs
- Be able to participate in an emergency afterhours on-call rotation
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Teach functional skills to people with disabilities including: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment.
- Instruct clients in researching and accessing community resources to reach their goals and increase independence.
- Assist Program Managers with training new staff, scheduling, progress notes and documentation.
- Participate in ISP creation and planning process, new client intakes and assessments.
- Educate clients on their rights and self-advocacy.
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Create and maintain schedule.
- Monitor client progress in case notes.
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed.
- Complete all other required paperwork.
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language required.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hrs)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.