- Reports to: Assistant Director of Community Living
- Supervises: NA
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Do you enjoy working with people? Does the idea of empowering individuals to lead independent lives in the communities of their choice appeal to you? Toolworks’ Community Living Department is currently looking for dedicated, creative individuals to join our team!
The Community Living Department is currently accepting applications for a Case Lead Floater.
Case Lead Floaters are responsible for assisting the Community Living management team in providing the day-to-day support of our clients receiving Supported and Independent Living Services. A Case Lead Floater’s role is to ensure client shifts are filled and Community Living support staff are trained in their duties.
You are an ideal candidate for this position if:
- You are passionate about supporting individuals with disabilities to live the lives they choose
- You enjoy learning and being part of shared experiences
- You are comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet
- You enjoy working independently and take initiative, but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches
- You follow through with commitments and can pick up shifts as they open during the designated rotation.
- You have reliable transportation and can travel throughout Alameda, Contra Costa, SF and San Mateo Counties
- You enjoy a fluid schedule that changes week to week
Case Lead Floaters will be on-call Friday at 3pm to Monday at 9am. During this time, the Case Lead Floater will be responsible for monitoring calls coming into the 24/7 Emergency Response System (ERS) via an iPhone. The nature of calls varies from non-life-threatening issues/concerns, staffing questions, injury reports and staff call-outs or late arrivals.
The Case Lead Floater will provide coverage for open shifts and for staff absences/vacation. The shifts worked would vary according to the support needs of our clients: mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnights may be included.
The Case Lead Floater will receive a stipend for carrying the iPhone and responding to calls as they come in:
A stipend of $400 is paid to Case Lead Floaters able to monitor and respond to calls during the full rotation: Fridays at 3pm to Monday at 9am
For Case Lead Floaters unable to make a commitment to the full rotation, a stipend of $75 per day will be paid.
Case Lead Floaters will be paid at their hourly rate for all shifts (sleeping overnight shifts are paid at the prevailing local minimum wage) they personally cover during the rotation.
Volume of calls varies weekend to weekend. The Case Lead Floater will be made aware on Friday before 3pm if there are known open shifts that need coverage provided by the Floater.
Case Lead Floater rotation schedule may change as program needs change.
Client Support Responsibilities
- Carries ERS phone and responds to client and staffing-related emergencies for assigned regions
- Follows Emergency Response Protocol as trained
- Provides shift coverage as assigned
- Checks and updates ERS logs and eRSP schedules each day on duty
- Updates Timecard Spreadsheet in real time
- Provides scheduling and client updates to the Program Managers and Assistant Director after completion of weekend shift
- Assists clients in accessing their schedules in eRSP and provides staffing input to the team
- Provides attendant care, in-home support, instruction and training to clients in all areas of daily living, including, but not limited to: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, personal care, budgeting, medical appointments, travel, community access, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment
- Provides instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Recognizes unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
- Assists client and client’s assigned Case Lead (as needed) with monitoring generic supports including In Home Support Services (IHSS) and provider scheduling/timecard monitoring
- Provides input to the Program Manager for staff scheduling to meet the needs and requirements of the supported client
- Reports incidents within required time-frames
- Follows Mandated Reporter protocols
- Other duties as required
- Assists Program Managers and client-assigned Case Leads with training of new employees in assigned households
- Assists Program Managers and client-assigned Case Leads in monitoring client health, finance and other personal affairs in assigned households
- Checks TW email daily during regular working hours/days and responds within one working day
- Responds to voicemails daily during regular working hours/days and responds within one working day
- Attends supervisor check-ins monthly or as required by supervisor
- Attends all agency meetings and trainingsas assigned
- Attends all department meetings as assigned, including monthly Case Lead meetings
- Maintains all client documentation and records including but not limited to:
- Case notes for any/all direct or indirect support provided to each client; additionally:
- Any communication log data from individual homes shall be summarized and entered into case note system
- Recording of all appointments with medical providers and other specialists in coordination with client-assigned Case Lead (as needed)
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Other duties as required