- Reports to: Coordinator of Community Integration and Employment
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide in-home support, case management, instruction and training to clients in all areas of daily living, including, but not limited to: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, personal care, budgeting, medical appointments, travel, community access, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment
- Starts: Immediately
Do you enjoy working with people?
Does the idea of empowering individuals with developmental disabilities to lead independent lives in the communities of their choice appeal to you?
Toolworks’ Community Living Department is currently looking for dedicated, creative individuals to join our team!
The Community Living Department is currently accepting applications for Case Lead-Independent Living Skills(ILS) in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco, Alameda and San Mateo counties)
Typical work schedules are Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday. Schedules can be tailored to meet individual employee needs and interests.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You are passionate about supporting people, regardless of ability-level, to live the lives they choose
- You enjoy advocating with people to ensure they can live their best life
- You have an eye for detail, are easy going and flexible with where the day takes you
- You are creative and like to “think outside of the box”
- You enjoy working with peers and clients from all walks of life and learning from others
- Your ideal job is out in the community not stuck behind a desk
- You have prior experience working with people with developmental disabilities in a teaching, care giving or case management role. Full paid-training provided
To provide in-home support, case management, instruction and training to clients in all areas of daily living, including, but not limited to: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, personal care, budgeting, medical appointments, travel, community access, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days and provided internally)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance (if using car to transport clients-not required)
Pay range, dependent on experience and location: starting at $20.00 per hour
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hrs)
- Paid employee medical, dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.
All individuals working at Toolworks must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, unless they are exempt from this requirement based on an accommodation approved by HR.