- Reports to: Community Living Program Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide instruction and support to people with disabilities in acquiring and maintaining community living skills to promote independence
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
This Live-In position entails supporting a female in her home in the Forest Hill area of San Francisco
- Home is in Forest Hill area of San Francisco located near 280 Freeway and MUNI lines
- Knowledge of/experience with intellectual disabilities, seizure disorders and/or dementia care preferred
- Must be comfortable living with a friendly, sweet older cat
Current schedule is:
Sunday 9pm-9am (10-6a sleep shift)
Monday 9pm-9am (10-6a sleep shift)
Tuesday 9pm-9am (10-6a sleep shift)
Wednesday 9pm-9am (10-6a sleep shift)
Thursday 9pm-9am (10-6a sleep shift)
Friday 9pm-9am (10-6a sleep shift)
Saturday 9am-9pm and 9p-9a (10-6a sleep shift)
**there may be some flexibility in specific day shifts if needed
Client Support Functions
- Teach functional skills to people with disabilities including: meal preparation, shopping, hygiene, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment.
- Instruct clients in researching and accessing community resources to reach their goals and increase independence.
- Travel train clients using the mode of transportation suited to each individual based on their abilities.
- Educate clients on their rights and self-advocacy.
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Create and maintain schedule.
- Monitor client progress in case notes.
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed.
- Complete all other required paperwork.
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in meetings and training as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Complies with Mandated Reporter requirements as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.