- Reports to: Assistant Director of Community Living
- Supervises: Community Living Staff-Leads, Instructors
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To support people with disabilities in maintaining independent community living
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Support Responsibilities:
- Carries Emergency Response System(ERS) phone and responds to client and staffing-related emergencies on rotation with other managers. When not carrying the ERS phone, this position does require availability to support emergencies as needed
- Maintains a caseload of clients.
- Provides Quality Assurance checks to clients on caseload or other clients as assigned by supervisor.
- Meets with clients on caseload, or other clients as assigned, on a weekly basis in the client home for a minimum of two hours.
- Maintains contact with client’s circle of support on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Provides direct support to clients as needed.
- Recognizes unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary. Follows Title 17 Special Incident reporting guidelines. Ensures all employees are trained on reporting protocols.
- Follows Mandated Reporter protocols.
- Provides monitoring and oversight of all generic resources for clients.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Recruit, supervise, train and evaluate Leads and Instructors and assist with staff development on a day to day basis
- Ensures all staff members in assigned homes have received and are current on all mandatory training and certifications
- Monitors and updates staff schedule(s) daily and ensures scheduled hours are in alignment with current funding authorizations and need.
- Reviews staff scheduling in assigned homes.
- Monitors employee safety and working conditions. Creates and implements home safety procedures and reviews “Fit for Duty” submissions
- Checks ERS logs daily.
- Maintains Outlook Calendar
- Updates Timecard Spreadsheet in real time.
- Provides weekend updates to the Weekend PM and Assistant Director.
- Reviews ADP for vacation requests on a weekly basis.
- Reviews and approves employee timecards on appropriate due dates as directed by Assistant Director.
- Prepares and facilitates monthly Case Lead meetings and trainings. Creates an agenda for each team meeting, records meeting minutes, and tracks attendance for each team meeting.
- Assists Case Leads in leading monthly house meetings for clients and staff. Creates an agenda for each house meeting in tandem with Case Lead and person served, records meeting minutes and tracks attendance for each team meeting.
- Monitors upcoming ISP renewals and coordinates Annual Meeting with the client and client’s team. Completes ISP addendums, as needed, in a timely manner.
- Reviews case notes for clients on caseload, or other clients as assigned, on a weekly basis. Ensures all staff are entering case notes in a timely manner.
- Prepares monthly billable hours report for assigned cases.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a case management capacity
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, ADP
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Ability to travel within Alameda, Contra Costa, SF and San Mateo counties
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans