- Status / Level: Exempt
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
- Position Title:Director of Human Resources and Administration
- Reports to:CEO
- Supervises:Sr HR Generalist, I/T Manager, Office Operations Assistant, and PT Benefits Coordinator
- Status/level:Exempt position
- Purpose:To lead effective human resources and ensure smooth administrative operations to support the agency’s mission, goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for effective recruitment, training and retention of employees
- Develop strategies that effectively carry out the organization’s mission- including representation of individuals with disabilities and other diverse groups in the organization’s employee classes
- Develop compensation and benefits structure that effectively utilize the agency’s resources and ensure employee satisfaction
- Conduct employee satisfaction and other work life surveys
- Manage all administrative policies and procedures as it relates to HR, operations, and office management
- Manage all HR systems and staff: recruitment, orientation, benefits, training, professional development, evaluation, employee relations.
- Manage all aspects of compliance: policy and procedures, local, state, and federal law, ensuring that policies are implemented and carried out uniformly across the agency
- Manage the time of the Sr. HR Generalist, I/T Manager, Office Operations Assistant, Office Operations Assistant, and PT Benefits Coordinator ensure good workflow and productivity in the Administration Department
- Provide operations assistance to the organization’s social enterprises
- Manage personnel and administrative file systems including HRIS electronic systems
- Create and deliver company communications
- Audit administrative functions regularly to ensure high level functioning systems, processes and procedures: HR, payroll, operations and janitorial operations
- Complete all required reporting and facilitate regular audits to ensure organizational compliance: EEOC, Vets Report, 5500’s, OSHA 300A, and other
- Maintain and update all retirement plan documents and manage administrative processes for 401k, 403b, 457b, and WDR pension Plans.
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Business Management, Human Resources, or a closely related field required, M.A. preferred
- Minimum of five to seven (5 to 7) years of direct experience working in Human Resources with at least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ADP Workforce Now
- High attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with a complex nonprofit/social enterprise
- ASL skills strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Depends on experience
- Employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k employer contribution after 1 year of employment
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays plus birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
- Pre-tax commuter (Clipper) program