- Reports to: CEO
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To support smooth, effective operations and enhance quality work environment
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks is seeking a new Human Resources Generalist. We’re looking for someone to support efficient agency operations. For someone who can enhance the quality of our workplace. Someone to manage all HR systems for a staff of 270 and support our management team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel and decisions; analyze information and applications.
- Manage all HR systems: recruitment, orientation, compensation, benefits, training, professional development, evaluation, discipline.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; ensure that policies are implemented and carried out uniformly across the agency; advise management on needed actions.
- Develop financial strategies for HR operations by estimating, forecasting and anticipating requirements, trends and variances. Align monetary resources. Develop action plans that measure and analyze results.
- Update job knowledge by participating in professional development activities
- Manage personnel and administrative file systems including HRIS electronic system
Organizational (all staff)
- Create and deliver internal human resources communications
- Audit HR functions regularly for efficiency
- Complete all required reporting: EEOC, Vets Report, 5500’s, OSHA 300A, and other necessary compliance related reporting
- Maintain and update all retirement plan docs: 401k, 403b, 457b, and WDR pension plan
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Business Management, Human Resources, or a closely related field required; M.A. preferred; PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years experience working in Human Resources
Compensation and Benefits:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ADP
- ASL skills strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Eleven and a half paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
- Employee assistance program