- Reports to: Director of HR
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To support smooth and effective office operations
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the day-to-day office activities including filing, mail, phones, ordering office supplies, and any facilities issues.
- Troubleshoots basic computer issues.
- Provides training for new and current employees on communication systems, including telephone and voice mail.
- Manages vendor relationships including all technical, print and telecommunications at main and remote office(s).
- Contacts facilities management to arrange for any needed repairs, and follow through to ensure that repairs are completed and correct.
- Develops tasks for Administrative Assistant as is needed.
Human Resource Functions
- Conducts new employee orientations.
- Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establishes personnel file.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintains HRIS system to include all updates such as (but not limited to) promotions, terminations, salary/benefit changes, active/leave status, trainings, etc.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings on Toolworks website, Craig’s List and CalJOBS.
- Assists HR Director with HR-related activities/projects as needed.
- Administers all health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Communicates with brokers/service providers concerning administration of benefit programs. Reviews monthly invoices for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- Assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process. Recommends potential changes to benefit plans based on plan year experiences.
- Provides staff with annual benefits statement.
- Processes annual open enrollment changes. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations as needed.
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with some college or technical school coursework preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience in a human resource function.
- Demonstrated technical experience that includes responsibility for the basic of maintenance of a computer systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive situations and any associated documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer software installation/maintenance and computer hardware.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with the disabled and/or skill using American Sign Language (ASL) is a definite plus.
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Eleven and a half paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
- Employee assistance program