- Reports to: COO
- Supervises: HR/Operations and Payroll
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To oversee and provide day-to-day administration for the Toolworks’ Human Resources Department. This is not a remote position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for effective recruitment, training and retention of employees.
- Develop strategies that effectively carry out the organization’s mission- including representation of individuals with disabilities and other diverse groups in the organization’s employee classes.
- Develop compensation and benefits structure that effectively utilize the agency’s resources and ensure employee satisfaction.
- Conduct employee satisfaction and other work life surveys.
- Manage all administrative policies and procedures as it relates to HR, operations, payroll, and office management.
- Manage all HR systems: recruitment, orientation, benefits, training, professional development, evaluation, and disciplinary action.
- Oversee payroll functions to ensure timely and accurate delivery of payroll; develop, monitor and update payroll policies.
- Provide operational assistance to the organization’s social enterprises.
- Manage all aspects of compliance: policy and procedures, local, state, and federal law, ensuring that policies are implemented and carried out uniformly across the agency.
- Manage personnel and administrative file systems including HRIS electronic system.
- Create and deliver company communications.
- Audit administrative functions regularly: HR, payroll, and social enterprise.
- Complete all required reporting: EEOC, Vets Report, OSHA 300A, HCSO, and other necessary compliance related reporting.
- High attention to detail and ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- Computer skills, including database management such as Human Resources Information Systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders, strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to successfully set priorities and manage complex projects and meet deadlines.
- Ethical and value driven.
Education and Experience
- B.A. in Business Management, Human Resources, or a closely related field required, M.A. preferred.
- SHRM/PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in Human Resources.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now.
- Payroll processing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with government contracts highly desired.
- Passion for Toolworks’ mission to partner with people with disabilities to provide tools and resources that promote independence, equality and personal satisfaction.
Other duties as required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience.
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision.
- Twelve sick days accrued annually.
- Ten paid holidays.
- Birthday holiday per year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee wellness program.
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.