San Francisco, Part-Time
This position has been filled.
Duties and Responsibilities Office Administration
- Reports to: Director of HR
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide direct office support to employees and assist in the development of HR systems
- Starts: Immediately
Human Resource Functions
- Manages the day-to-day office activities including, mail, phones, ordering office supplies, and any facilities issues.
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues.
- Maintains facilities and organization reference manual.
- Manages all vendors; responsible for all technical, print and telecommunications at main and remote office(s).
- Contacts facilities management to arrange for any needed repairs, and follow through to ensure that repairs are completed and correct.
- Manages the time of the Administrative Assistant to ensure good workflow and productivity and provide backup support as needed.
- Efficiently assist customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service including password resets, conference room set up and basic troubleshooting of IT issues.
Other duties as required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Education and Work Experience
- Enters employee into HRIS/payroll and generates personnel file.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintains HRIS system to include all updates such as (but not limited to) promotions, terminations, salary/benefit changes, active/leave status, trainings, etc.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings on Toolworks website, Craig’s List and CalJOBS.
- Assists HR Director with HR-related activities/projects as needed.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Communicates with brokers/service providers concerning administration of benefit programs and reviews monthly invoices for accuracy.
- Provides staff with annual benefits statement.
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent with some college or technical school coursework preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrated technical experience that includes responsibility for basic IT troubleshooting.
Organizational (all staff)
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive situations and any associated documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Great oral/written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer software installation/maintenance and computer hardware.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with the disabled and/or skill using American Sign Language (ASL) is a definite plus.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation Benefits
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Eleven and a half paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
- Employee assistance program