- Reports to: Communications Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: Streamline and enhance network reliability and security and provide first-level support to users.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Upgrade systems (software, hardware, etc.) as needed and under the direction of the Communications Manager
- Optimize business operation information systems to improve efficiency
- Regularly evaluates current systems to provide direction for upgrades
- Performs system backup and recovery operations to ensure integrity of network
- Maintains data files throughout network
- Monitors on-site and off-site equipment to ensure seamless integration among various locations
Help Desk Functions
- Provides network and system coordination and training to on-site and off-site employees
- First point of contact for all IT issues for staff including: password resets, troubleshooting and other ad hoc issues
- Provides technical support on all issues and guidance to users
- Escalates network issues to Communications Manager as appropriate
- Generates training materials on current and future technology equipment and software
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with some college or technical school coursework preferred
- Minimum of one (1) years of job-related experience in an IT function.
- Demonstrated technical experience that includes responsibility for the basic of maintenance of computer systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer software installation/maintenance and computer hardware.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with the disabled and/or skill using American Sign Language (ASL) is a definite plus.
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Eleven and a half paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
- Employee assistance program