- Reports to: Site Supervisor
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: In a supportive work environment for people with disabilities, provide expert floor maintenance and care services, complete cleaning and maintenance tasks per contract specification, and other janitorial assignments as needed.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks is seeking to fill the position of Janitorial Floor Care Specialists whose primary duties are to maintain various floor types at a U.S. Government facility. Floor types include but are not limited maintenance of terrazzo, vinyl composite tile, vinyl flooring, vinyl sheet goods, tile, concrete, stone, and engineered wood flooring. The Specialists works independently and may be assigned to a variety of shifts depending on the facilities maintenance needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of terrazzo and marble flooring including stripping, sealing, finishing, and polishing as well as intermittent reconditioning and polishing, wet buffing, and dry buffing/burnishing.
- Maintenance of vinyl composite tile, vinyl flooring and vinyl sheet goods, including stripping, sealing, finishing, polishing as well as intermittent care including buffing/burnishing.
- Maintenance of tile flooring including stripping, sealing, finishing, and re-grouting.
- Performs carpet care including spot and stain cleaning and carpet cleaning,
- Maintains engineered wood flooring including waxing and polishing
- Operate and maintain a variety of floor care machinery including automatic walk-behind floor scrubbers, mini-edge scrubbers, low and high-speed buffers, carpet extractors and bonnet machines, wet/dry vacuum, vacuum cleaner, and air blowers.
- Ensures the safe and appropriate use and disposal of floor care chemicals.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with proscribed regulations and policies.
- Provides crew performance input to supervisor
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision, on a variety of shifts including nights, evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Other janitorial duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
To perform the typical tasks and duties of the position successfully, the knowledge, skills and/or abilities listed below are required.
- Three (3) years of experience performing custodial work at a heavy traffic facility with a high degree of public interface.
- Methods, materials, machinery, chemicals, tools, and equipment used in hard floor and carpet maintenance.
- The safe use and disposal of hazardous materials specific to cleaning compounds, solutions, and chemicals.
- Familiarity of safety methods and procedures pertaining to floor maintenance work.
- Basic principles of customer service.
- Work independently, understand and follow instructions and floor care guidelines.
- Read, understand, and follow written directions, equipment manuals and warnings on labels for various cleaning agents, solvents, and other equipment
- Train employees and persons with disabilities on floor work procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to routine work questions and report safety, work and customer-related problems promptly.
- Exercise care and sound judgment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, and relocate a variety of objects weighing up to 50 pounds and move wheeled equipment weighing up to 150 pounds.
Salary Range: $20.75 per hour.
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans