- Reports to: Director
- Supervises: Client Workers
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide supervision and training of clients/workers and follow up on special projects, as well as perform janitorial work as needed.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise any task or special project as assigned by the Project Manager
- Maintain and monitor supplies and equipment
- Provide supervision and janitorial skills training for client-employees.
- Perform janitorial work such as mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, buffing, bathroom cleaning, and dusting.
- Schedule will require to work weekends.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections and follow-up as needed
- Performs and document quality control inspections of project area, customer satisfaction surveys, and records of all client trainings
- Work directly with GSA representatives to fulfill contractual obligations and resolve problems and act as a liaison in the absence of the Project Manager
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
Compensation and Benefits
- Varies dependant on location of contract.
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program