Crew Supervisor/Job Coach
San Francisco, Full-time
This position has been filled.
- Reports to: Director Employment Services
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To supervise and train adults with disabilities in vocational skills and appropriate work habits either in enclaves or individual placement settings.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and support people with disabilities on the job site ensuring the individual is as independent as possible performing his/her job duties
- Provide training and support with issues that may impact job readiness and performance including: travel training, money management, and other supports
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Perform quality control inspections of work sites as needed
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
- Complete all monthly billing as required
- Monitor client progress in case notes and complete all other required paperwork
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities, preferably in a community setting.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) is preferred.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)