- Reports to: : Director of Business Development
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To provide job placement services to adults with disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks is looking for a dynamic job developer to work with a diverse population of job seekers and employers in San Francisco. Ideal candidates will have a proven record of assisting people with barriers to obtain and maintain employment.
Toolworks is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Identify meaningful job opportunities for clients and successfully place them in the job of their choice
- Acts as liaison for designated workforce centers; serves as resource in the area of service delivery access for jobseekers with disabilities
- Provides assessment of skills levels, aptitudes, abilities and need for supportive services and develops individual employment plans
- Provide training and support to clients in all areas of the job search process including: pre-employment preparation, job placement, and retention
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy.
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Provide follow-up services including on-the-job coaching and accommodation assistance for employers
- Provide case coordination with vocational specialists; make referrals, and monitor client progress
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Complete all monthly billing as required
- Create client placement objectives
- Monitor client progress in case notes and complete all other required paperwork
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance