- Reports to: Vice President of Enterprise
- Supervises: Social Enterprise Supervisors & Leads, Production Workers
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: Provide staff and operational management for Toolworks Landscape contracts.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strong customer relations and customer retention by delivering consistent fire break, weed abatement and litter patrol services.
- Build and train a high-performing team. Manage up to six more service routes, schedules; trouble shoots daily operational issues, ensuring uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Provide department operational management including staff performance management, processing payroll, billing, and reporting. Serves as primary contact for client. Partners with Landscape Job Coach to provide staff services and coaching required.
- Responsible for overall landscape safety compliance and risk mitigation. Develop and manage landscape safety training programs, including equipment specific safety trainings, roadside safety training, driving safety training, programed safety vehicle and site inspections. Ensure the implementation and monitoring of Toowlworks COVID-19 Prevention Protocols.
- Develop and manage landscape skills training programing focused on roadside fire break work, weed abatement and litter patrol services, including power tools skills trainings, worksite tailgate trainings, certifications renewals, vehicle and trailer driving and maintenance training.
- Work with the Vice President, managers and supervisors in the development and implementation of best business performance metrics including and key performance indicators and monitoring systems of same.
- Creates and maintains quality safety and quality control reports.
- Files accident and injury reports including Workers Compensation forms and reports.
- Complete all required reporting in a timely manner including staff evaluations, customer satisfaction surveys, timesheets, and employee relations communication and documents as needed.
- Generates monthly billing reports.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience and solid expertise managing mid to large-scale commercial and/or governmental landscape maintenance operations; includes firsthand familiarity and proficiency with production, job costing, budgeting, scheduling, and material purchasing.
- Proven proficiency in landscape safety including applied OSHA based landscape safety programing and key OSHA based safety certifications. Proven proficiency in the use and staff training in the safe use, maintenance and operation of gas-powered fire break tools including chainsaw, weed eater, hedger, pole saw and hand tools. C27 Contractor’s License issued by the State of California preferred.
- Proven leadership, sophisticated supervisory abilities; excellent communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Experience in conducting highway and roadside fire break work, including weed abatement tree trimming and litter patrol work.
- Experience in data-based job tasking, efficiency programing and performance metrics.
- Proven experience in customer service and client management.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills, patient, meticulous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and time and attendance software applications.
- Must pass background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance).
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days of hire).
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- American Sign Language skills preferred.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Ability to equitably balancing for-profit methods and efficiencies with non-profit approaches and sensitivities.
Range: $60,000 depending on experience.
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.