- Reports to: Landscaping Supervisor
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Working on a crew removing liter and debris, clearing weeds, brush, and combustible debris from roadsides and other property in fire hazard areas. Position is responsible for weed and debris clearance, with the proper use of all equipment and tools used in the clearing operations and following all safety procedures and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of a weed clearance/ litter patrol crew clearing property of grass, weeds, and other combustibles, and bagging all debris so it is ready trucks for removal.
- Demonstrates understanding and strictly adheres to safe operating practices and procedures, departmental safety regulations, CAL-OSHA regulations, and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) guidelines for use of safety equipment, protective devices, special clothing, etc.
- Clears letter and debris, brush and weeds using hand tools such as clippers, shovels and rakes. May be required to use gas powered weed trimmers depending on site needs.
- Takes direction from crew leader and works well with others.
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Positions in this class receive instruction in and are expected to learn, comply with, and ensure safe operating practices and procedures, departmental safety regulations, CAL-OSHA regulations, and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) guidelines.
- One year of, full-time outdoor work experience in the eradication and control of weeds, brush, or other highly preferred.
- Willingness to learn to operate equipment safely.
- Ability to meet physical demands of position.
- Punctuality and reliability a must.
- $17 per hour with an extra $1 per hour for candidates with verified experience in the safe operation of chain saws.
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Eight paid holidays annually
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.