- Reports to: Assistant Director of Employment Services
- Supervises: NA
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides several programs including job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Train and support people with disabilities on the job ensuring individuals are working safely and independently as possible when performing their job duties.
- Provide job coaching services for Toolworks Landscape Program. As an embedded job coach, will report and work daily with each mobile landscape crew to provide training and services in the field. When coaching is not taking place, the coach will work with the team to model productivity, cooperation, and teamwork.
- Meet with site leads and Landscape Supervisor on a regular basis to address performance needs.
- Provide training and support on issues that impact job performance including time management, punctuality issues, communication skills, interpersonal skills, productivity, etc.
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy.
- Maintain proactive dialogue between social enterprise management and service management team on performance issues.
- Perform quality control and worksite safety inspections
- Recognizes unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues, if necessary.
- Participates in ISP/IHSP creation and planning process including quarterly and semi-annual meetings.
- Performs the duties of Landscape Lead, leads crews and ensures the delivery of landscape services as needed.
- Complete weekly progress reports as required.
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed.
- Keep First Aid/CPR current
Organizational (all staff)
- Participates in staff meetings as required.
- Comply with current agency performance standards.
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis.
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed.
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients, and members of the community.
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy.
- Treat clients with dignity and respect.
Other duties as Required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities, preferably in a community or employment setting.
- Experience working in landscaping industry, or landscaping training programs highly desirable
- Experience driving a van with a trailer.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work early shifts.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Forms
- Familiarity with the use of landscape equipment including chainsaws, weed eater and blowers.
- Background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
- Ability to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Ability to work and deliver landscaping services on active highways and roadways.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience.
- Starting rate is $21/hr
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.