- Reports to: Employment Services Program Manager
- Supervises: Marriott Associates
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: to support adults with developmental disabilities in an employment setting
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks has an opening for a Lead Employment Development Specialist(job coach). The purpose of this position is to support individuals with disabilities and hotel management at our San Francisco Marriott site. Qualified applicants will have previous experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in a work or community setting, an ability to communicate professionally with employers, and be good at devising workplace strategies and accommodations tailored to each individual.
Client Support Functions
- Provide on the job instruction and training to Associates and Employment Development Specialists
- Completion of daily tasks including but not limited to: collecting and sorting of trash, use of trash/ recycle/compost compactors, vacuuming, Loading dock clean-up, hygiene and safety awareness
- Respond to requests of Housekeeping Department in a timely manner
- Provides support related to minimizing the exposure to or impact of COVID-19
- Ensures Associates and EDS have proper PPE on shift
- Provide shift coverage as needed and assigned
- Recognizes unusual or threatening conditions and resolves issues if necessary
- Participates in Associate meetings and planning processes including annual meetings.
- Provides instruction regarding clients’ rights and self-advocacy
- Assists Associates with timecard monitoring
- Conducts inspection of all floors to ensure vacuuming is being done properly
- Provides input to the Assistant Director for staff scheduling to meet the needs and requirements of the Marriott Hotel
- Monitors safety procedures of all individuals on site
- Follows Emergency Response Protocol
- Reports incidents within required timeframes
- Follows Mandated Reporter protocols
- Other duties as required
- Maintains positive business relationships with management and customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Staff training
- Initiates training of new employees and associates
- Exhibit good organization and communication skills
- Attends all agency meetings and trainings as assigned
- Checks Toolworks email daily during regular working hours/days and responds within one working day
- Responds to voicemails daily during regular working hours/days and responds within one working day
- Monitors Associate progress through case notes and goals
- Attends supervisor check-ins monthly or as required by supervisor
Organizational (all staff)
- Participates in staff meetings as required.
- Complies with current agency performance standards.
- Reports changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis.
- Represents the organization to visitors and the community as needed.
- Maintains a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients, and members of the community.
- Maintains confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy.
- Treats clients with dignity and respect.
Other duties as Required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities, preferably in a community or employment setting.
- Experience in hospitality/retail industry helpful.
- American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish, Chinese language skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities.
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.