- Reports to: Recyclability Accounts Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To supervise and train crews of Sorters at multiple work sites.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
Sorter Support Function
- Flexibility in work locations throughout the day/week is required on an on-call basis. Sometimes the day of.
- Train and support Sorters on multiple job sites ensuring the individuals are as independent as possible performing his/her job duties
- Provide training and support with issues that may impact job readiness and performance
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where Sorters are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ Recyclability services
- Perform quality control inspections of work sites as needed
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to Sorting crews and resolve issues if necessary
- Monitor Sorter progress and complete all other required paperwork
- Complete Reports as needed
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, Sorters and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of Sorter/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Treat Sorters, crews and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement:
- High School Diploma.
- Some experience in waste management preferred.
- Able to safely and efficiently navigate between multiple work sites throughout the day/week.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet customer needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
The hours will be 30-40 hours per week.
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.