- Reports to: Payroll Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: The Payroll Administrator provides consistent, timely, and accurate processing of all payroll functions.
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and processes payroll on a semi-monthly basis for hourly and salaried employees in compliance with state, federal, and local laws.
- Ensures delivery of all payroll-related benefits- commuter checks, health plan deductions, retirement contributions, etc.
- Process all payroll advances and final paychecks.
- Administers all fiscal policies and procedures in conjunction with the accountant to ensure compliance with Toolworks’ policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
- Prepares reports for the finance team.
- Provides internal financial reporting as required.
- Audits fiscal functions regularly and leads the annual audit process.
- Maintains and updates ADP database information.
- Ensures all fiscal recordkeeping is current and agency is compliant with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and ADP.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
Education and Experience
- B.A. in Accounting, Business, Mathematics or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in Accounts Receivables or Payroll, preferably in a office setting.
- Two years or more of accounting experience preferred
- Direct experience working for a nonprofit is highly desired.
- Passion for Toolworks’ mission to partner with people with disabilities to provide tools and resources that promote independence, equality and personal satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
Toolworks COVID-19 policies continue to comply with local and state mandates.
- Depends on experience
- Salary range $55,000-$65,000
Benefits (eligibility dependent on scheduled hours)
- Paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.