- Reports to: Assistant Director of Employment Services
- Supervises: Group site Job Coaches
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: Responsible for the supervision and oversight of employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Train and support people with disabilities on the job site ensuring the individual is as independent as possible performing his/her job duties
- Provide HR-related support between individual with a disability and Toolworks’ Human Resources or host site supervisor and human resources
- Provide training and support with issues that may impact job readiness and performance including: travel training, money management, and other supports
- Provide ongoing case management for clients ensuring the access to generic resources as needed
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Perform quality control inspections of work sites as needed
- Supervises, train, and evaluate job coaches providing direct services to support the needs of individuals with disabilities at their work site; assist with staff development on a day to day basis
- Monitors client’s progress in case notes, goal tracking, and Individual Service Plans
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Complete all HR-related documents as needed and all other assigned paperwork
- Coordinate client and staff schedules for the site, including intake and recruitment of new clients.
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in an employment setting.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience
Benefits (eligibility dependant on scheduled hrs)
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program