- Reports to: Community Living Program Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To support people with disabilities in maintaining independent community living
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Develop written plans
- Develop work/volunteer opportunities
- Provide benefits resources as needed
- Counsel using a wellness and recovery model
- Teach client rights and help develop self-advocacy skills
- Assist clients in developing natural networks of support
- Develop on-site activities that foster community building and self-sufficiency of resident populations
- Provide linkages in the community for needed services; provide on-going case management and service coordination
- Responsible for completing all required documentation, including monthly billing reports, SIR’s, case notes and additional case records
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience Requirement
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits
- Depends on experience
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision.
- Twelve sick days accrued annually.
- Ten paid holidays.
- Birthday holiday per year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee wellness program.
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Toolworks is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans.