- Reports to: Director of Employment Services
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: Support people with disabilities in the janitorial training program and during their first 18-months of employment.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks is looking for a dynamic Vocational Case Manager to work with a population of homeless job seekers in conjunction with employers in San Francisco. Ideal candidates will have a proven record of assisting people with barriers to obtain and maintain employment.
Toolworks is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Manage the recruitment, intake, and assessment of all trainees
- Coordinate services with job developers as trainees exit the 10-week training program
- Provide and track ongoing retention services for 18 months after a trainee has been placed in competitive employment
- Participate in the development and implementation of the janitorial training curriculum
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner: case records, individualized service plans, all assessments for trainees, and employee relations documents as needed
- Complete monthly billing
- Compile data for annual outcome measurement report on a quarterly basis
- Establish and maintain relations with referral sources including DOR counselors, Regional Centers Case Managers, DHS employees, and other community based organizations
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)