- Reports to: Director of Business Development
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: Responsible for individual and/or group vocational counseling for a caseload of adults with disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks, in partnership with people with disabilities, is a human service agency dedicated to providing the tools and resources that promote independence, equality, and personal satisfaction. Toolworks provides a number of programs including: job placement and training, community integration, and supported living services. Our agency also runs several social enterprises that make up approximate half our income. A portion of this position’s responsibilities will be job coaching clients in our recycling division. Duties and Responsibilities Client Support Functions
- Train and support people with disabilities and/or hearing impairment on the job site ensuring the individual is as independent as possible performing his/her job duties
- Provide HR-related support between clients and Toolworks’ Human Resources
- Provide training and support with issues that may impact job readiness and performance including: travel training, money management, and other supports
- Provide ongoing case management for clients ensuring the access to generic resources as needed
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Perform quality control inspections of work sites as needed
- Provide interpreting support between deaf individuals and hearing employers in the community
Other duties as required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Education and Experience Requirement
- Monitors client’s progress in case notes, goal tracking, and Individual Service Plans
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Complete all HR-related documents as needed and all other assigned paperwork
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- Strong interest in the environment and recycling a plus
- American Sign Language required.
- Spanish or Cantonese skills a plus
- Fluent English report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook
Compensation and Benefits Compensation Benefits (eligibility dependant on scheduled hrs)
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program