- Reports to: Community Living Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Status / Level: Non-Exempt
- Purpose: To provide support to adults with developmental disabilities.
- Starts: Immediately
Toolworks’ Community Living Department is seeking a Weekend Substitute Personalized Support Assistant in the SF/San Mateo areas. The Weekend PSA will carry the Toolworks Emergency Response System(ERS) cell phone, respond to staff call-outs by arranging alternative staffing coverage or providing coverage as needed, in consultation with Coordinator(s). The Weekend Substitute PSA will receive $100 for carrying the phone, in addition to hourly compensation for any shift coverage provided. The Weekend PSA ERS will carry the ERS phone from 6pm Friday until 8am Monday. Weekend PSA’s will elect to sign up for weekends based on their preferences and availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Support Functions
- To support individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community.
- To provide assistance in the event of an emergency
- Serves as on-call substitute for staff absences
- Responds to emergency calls by providing shift coverage or arranging alternative coverage
- Communicates concerns to the appropriate Community Living staff members
- Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
- Keeps First Aid/CPR current
- Complete all other required paperwork
Organizational (all staff)
- Participate in meetings and trainings as required
- Comply with current agency performance standards
- Report changes in criminal or employment status on a timely basis
- Represent the organization to visitors and the community as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude, working cooperatively with other staff, clients and members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client/staff information as required by law and agency policy
- Complies with Mandated Reporter requirements as required by law and agency policy
- Treat clients and co-workers with dignity and respect
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities, preferably in a community setting. May substitute education in a related field for experience.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Fingerprint background check (Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Clearance)
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance